Once you have your editorial calendar for the month all set up it’s time to start giving your community some amazing content! Once you’ve written your posts there are a few things that you should do before and after you publish them! I found that too often I was forgetting little things or missing spelling and grammar mistakes and it was driving me insane so I decided to pull together a checklist.
This list is pretty much everything I do from brainstorming to publishing and promotion of each of my posts!
1. Title your post
2. Set your keywords and make sure they are in your title and throughout the content of the post
3. Check for spelling and grammar mistakes
4. Be sure your post offers value to your readers and include a question or other way to engage your audience
5. Add outgoing links and make sure they work
6. Add any links back to old content of your own
7. Add custom image and make sure your alt tag includes your keywords
8. Use your SEO tool to analyze and optimize the post
9. Be sure the post is properly categorized and tagged
10. Create custom images and schedule posts for each social media platform
1. Visit your blog and read the new post the way your readers will see it, read it out loud and check for spelling and grammar again
2. Are you part of any blogger groups? Drop your link so other bloggers can see your new post
3. Spend some time reading other blogs and comment on their most recent posts. I love Bloglovin for this!
4. Monitor and respond to all comments on the post itself as well as on all social channels