It’s warm again in DC so I’m sitting here staring at my closet full of awesome fall clothes that I will be cooking in if I try and wear them while it’s so warm out, so I’m practicing my favorite hobby and online shopping a bit! There are so many awesome fall fashion trends that came out of the fashion weeks and that I’m now seeing pop up all over DC, I’m loving it.
1. Leopard, I’ve never been a huge animal print person but I love these pops of leopard I’m seeing everywhere, whether it’s a loafer or a collared shirt popping out of a sweater, it’s a really nice touch without being too overwhelming!
2. Flats and loafers, this tall girl is beyond excited about the abundance of flats and loafers I’m seeing ! Don’t get me wrong I really love a good heel but it’s so nice not to have to wear them everywhere and not feel out of place.
3. Moto and a-line seams. Another great one and the new look of Banana Republic completely nailed it! I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have a few new pieces with these fun lines. This jacket is a personal favorite so far this fall, I also love this sweater, and this pullover.
4. Black and burgundy, I’m kind of obsessed. Two colors I never really wear, I’ve been having a lot of fun picking out a few pieces that I can work into my wardrobe.
5. Plaid, if this classic fall staple ever goes out of style I’m probably going to rework most of my winter/fall wardrobe considering I own an obnoxious amount of plaid.
6. Midi skirts, I haven’t quite gotten on board with this trend, I really love the look on other people but I’m still skeptical on how it will work for me, we’ll see I may have to give it a try and see how it goes.
7. Leather patches have made quite an appearance. Not just the typical elbow patched sweater we usually see this fall, we’re seeing more and more pants, jackets, sweaters, another trend Banana Republic has definitely gotten right this year these are a great budget option!
What are some of your favorite fall fashion trends this fall?
Another yummy and fairly healthy fall recipe! I made these Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins this morning and they’re delicious and super easy! I really love sweet potatoes and this time a year they’re in season so they’re even better, easy to find and super cheap. I almost always have one or two in the apartment for a breakfast or dinner, they’re a healthier alternative to white potatoes, go great as a side with almost all meals and are super versatile!
What you need:
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a muffin tin with butter or prep it with muffin liners!
fIn a bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powdegr and salt.
In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, applesauce and milk and whisk vigorously for 1-2 minutes. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and beat until completely blended. Add the flour mixture and stir until just evenly moistened. The batter won’t be entirely smooth.
Bake until the muffins are golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. It should take about 20 to 25 minutes. Let the muffins cool on a cooling rack!
Enjoy your treat for breakfast or a snack, I made this really simple glaze (I added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to it!) and drizzled it over a few of them for more of a cupcake-y taste but they are amazing served warm with butter!
What are your favorite fall ingredients and recipes?
I cleaned out my closet today! Finally. It was long overdue, but I went through everything and set aside a couple of bags of clothes to donate. It’s always a great feeling to kind of go through everything and see what I haven’t worn in months and what fits and doesn’t and just getting rid of the rest, the next step will be reorganizing my closet, that’s the hard part. So instead of working on that I’ve spent the last couple of hours putting together a fall wish list of things I’m currently coveting!
It’s finally getting decently cold in DC and I love this scarf, it looks super soft and cozy!
I’ve shared this sweater before and I really do love it, it looks so comfortable and it’s gorgeous!
I lost my Hunter boots somehow in the chaos of my many moves in the last few years. I love that these boots are lighter, and easier to bring from place to place. If you’re a traveler these are perfect!
I realized when I was cleaning everything out that I don’t really have a winter coat, I mean I have a ski coat but nothing I can wear day to day and to the office. This jacket is another great piece from #thenewbr and I’m loving it!
This tree has absolutely nothing to do with my closet but I’ve been wanting a lemon tree for my apartment and I’m thinking about grabbing this one, what do you think?
What’s everyone else up to and what’s on your fall wish list?
Thanks for stopping by! I'm Bree, compulsive traveler, lover of all things turquoise and anything navy and white. The ocean makes my heart happy, and while I'm trying to figure out what's next I'm sharing a little bit of my journey here!