Happy Friday y’all!! I’m so excited, I’m headed to Boston and Disney for the next week and I’m so excited! I’ll be seeing a great friend in Disney and then one of my close friends from London is visiting Boston, such a fun week! I am so beyond excited for my race on Saturday night, the Tower of Terror 10 miler! I love runDisney races, they are so much fun, takes the pain out of running 10, 13.1, 26.2 or 48.6 miles! There is great entertainment along the course and the people that run the races are so much fun to run with!
Here are some things on my radar for some great weekend reading, don’t forget to stop back here though, this weekend for my 31 days of Fall posts!
I’m so excited about all the growth Bree West has had in the last couple of months so thank you all for being a part of this and helping me grow my little corner of the internet, I hope you’re enjoying it as much as I am!
What are y’all up to this weekend? What’s been on your radar?
happy friday!! i’m super excited for the weekend, i have a lot of fun stuff planned and it’s supposed to be nice here, but i’m getting sick of this indian summer, dc is teasing me with its fall weather, just when i think the humidity is gone we have another 88 degree day, yuck. despite the temperature i’m engaging in all things fall, bring on the pumping flavored everything, sweaters and boots, apple cider and the beautiful trees. i’m not crazy about the idea of a 9 mile run in the heat tomorrow but i guess 9 miles in the heat is going to be a heck of a lot easier than 26.2 if it’s hot the day of the disney world marathon in january, so 9 miles tomorrow it is! here’s some fun weekend reading!
1. if you follow me on facebook you probably saw this article is i posted yesterday, it is seriously amazing. and so true, if you’re a millennial you will be able to identify with a lot of this article, i wrote a similar post a couple weeks ago about how millennials are changing the way we look at and define success.
2. this interview with the skimm creators featured on design darling is great. if you’re not getting the daily skimm you’re seriously missing out! i’ve been getting them for the last few months and it’s completely changed how i get the news, the way they cover the news is not only informative, it’s easy to read, understand and entertaining. i love the writing style, it’s usually the first thing i read when i wake up, usually before i even get out of bed! you can see their most recent skim here and subscribe and make it a part of your daily routine!
3. i am going to make all of these recipes, is it possible to have too much butternut squash? the answer is no, no it is not.
4. now that it’s *almost* fall and we’re all getting ready to wear our adorable fall boots into the ground. read this article first on important steps to protect them!
5. and finally, this might be one of the best lip sync battles yet
my favorite month is finally here, unfortunately mother nature didn’t get the memo and has sent me nothing but blistering heat and obscene humidity levels. thankfully, it’s supposed to cool off this weekend, i’m ready for fall- apple picking, sweaters, boots, cinnamon, hot apple cider and all the other magicalness that comes with the best season of the year! i’m looking forward to this weekend, another weekend of home improvement (i think once you own a house those weekends never really end though) and tomorrow morning i’m starting my finnish class! finally picking up a language i learned 7 years ago while studying abroad, i’m hoping to get to finland in the next few months so it would be nice if i could actually hold a conversation while i’m there! i’m also in full training mode for my big race in january down at disney so i’ll be avoiding a run like the plague fitting in an 8 mile run tomorrow afternoon, please please please let it be cool.
i don’t know about you but when a new season starts i feel like i’m getting a fresh start. i tend to look at what’s going on in my life, what’s working, what isn’t, and plan for the next 2-3 months. i’m getting really excited for all that fall has in store for me, personally and professionally, but i’m most excited for everything i have planned for this space. i’d love to hear your input, what would you like to see more of? less of? what can i do better? in the meantime, here are some fun links i pulled together for some weekend reading! i hope you enjoy them!
i hope you all have a great weekend! any fun plans or weekend reading to share with me?
Thanks for stopping by! I'm Bree, compulsive traveler, lover of all things turquoise and anything navy and white. The ocean makes my heart happy, and while I'm trying to figure out what's next I'm sharing a little bit of my journey here!