Happy Friday! What are y’all doing this weekend? I’m pretty excited because it’s Catholic’s Homecoming weekend so I’ll get to see a bunch of people from school who don’t live in DC anymore and spend some time on campus! I’m really excited, it’s going to be a great weekend! There’s a ton of stuff going on in and around the city too this weekend, it’s going to be a very packed weekend but should be a fun one! Here’s some fall weekend reading for y’all, bonus: today you’re getting some fun things to do in DC and a few links that have been on my radar this week!
1. Drive-in at Union Market, this is something on my 101 in 1001 that I’ve been really wanting to go do, if it’s nice tomorrow night I may have to check it off the list! There’s something about a drive in theater that sound so fun!
2. Apply for National Christmas Tree Lighting Lottery! Last year I was lucky enough to go to the tree lighting and it was absolutely miserable, it poured, and it was freezing. Non-stop freezing rain and sleet, by the end of it I was soaked to the bone and shivering for days. Hopefully I’ll be lucky enough to go again this year and the weather will be nicer! The lottery for tickets opens up tomorrow so I will be entering myself and everyone I know in the hopes I can score a couple of tickets!
3. Take a walk down on the mall to see the foliage, it definitely doesn’t compare to New England but walking around the Tidal Basin this time of year is certainly pretty!
4. Enjoy a cup of hot apple cider while walking around Eastern Market. On a crisp fall morning tree are few things better than walking around the market, picking up some fresh produce and wandering the flea market for some vintage and unique treasures!
5. Apple picking! Grab a few friends and head outside the city a little to do some apple picking! I’ve been trying to make it the last couple of weeks but haven’t quite been able to do it. I’m hoping to escape the city this weekend and get some apples that I can turn into delicious baked goods next week!
Now for a few weekend links!
Hope you all enjoy your weekends! I’d love to see what’s on your radar too, share your fall weekend reading links in the comments for me to take a peek at!