this weekend was a gloriously lazy fall weekend, full of cozy sweaters, runs in the crisp fall air, a rainy saturday afternoon packed with an abc family disney movie marathon, birthday celebrations and far too much online window shopping – i even got to wear my favorite boots for the first time, mostly because i have decided that it’s time for fall to stick around. i’ve said it a lot the last few weeks but i love fall so much, and i love shopping in the fall because the clothes are classic and don’t change too much year to year, they’re comfortable, cozy and so cute.
yesterday i stumbled onto tuckernuck’s fall look book and let me just say, they are absolutely killin’ it. not only are the clothes absolutely gorgeous, the lifestyle guide they created is from what looks like the most fun photoshoot i could imagine, tuckernuck, you have outdone yourself with this one. looking at the pictures i felt like i was living the perfect fall day vicariously through the models! i would like to buy absolutely everything in there but i narrowed it down to my must have 10 pieces to share with y’all!
1. this dubarry jacket is absolutely gorgeous
2. the last couple of years i’ve been loving that loafers and smoking slippers have gotten so big. they’re so comfortable and a great alternative to the standard ballet flat, i love the leopard to add to a simple fall outfit of black skinny jeans and a sweater.
3. i don’t think it’s possible to have too may sweaters, especially big chunky cable knit coziness like this one
4. i really like the animal print on this sweater, and it looks so long, which is a struggle i have with sweaters because i’m always so tall- they are never long enough!
5. dc has commitment issues, it could be 90 degrees tomorrow even though we’ve had a weekend of 60 degree fall perfectness, this scarf is perfect for those warmer evenings in the district.
6. i love this sweater, like i was saying earlier, not possible to have too many cable knit sweaters!
7. as far as i’m concerned a fall wardrobe isn’t complete without a pair of olive skinny jeans to tuck into boots or wear with a pair of flats or loafers!
8. plaid shirts are essential for the fall, but i really like the colors of this one, adds a little more femininity to the classic plaid shirt
10. when it rains, or i’m having a bad hair day, or i’m just feeling lazy (which happens more than it should truly) a hat is a quick fix, this one is a super cute alternative to my typical red sox hat that i’ve been living in for the last 5 years!
what are your fall must haves?