last week i was being interviewed by the lovely caroline of little bitty city one (stop by today and read the interview!) one of her questions was 9 words to describe me. i was struggling to come up with the last few so i texted one of my best friends, and in typical best friend fashion she sent me 5 words that describe all of my worst traits, then helped me out with a few good ones. the first word she sent was impatient, and i couldn’t help but laugh because it is so true- patience has never been one of my strong suits. i have always been extremely impatient about pretty much everything, i remember all throughout my childhood and teen years my dad would say “patience is a virtue” i think i must have heard that 10 times a day!
patience is something i’ve been working on lately, i’ve been trying really hard to be more patient on the little things so that hopefully, slowly, the bigger things will be easier to have patience with. with a lot of transitions and a lot of exciting things on the horizon it’s been hard for me to not get overwhelmed or down on myself when things don’t happen as quickly as i want them to! so, here are some of my favorite quotes about patience!
1. “patience is not the ability to wait. waiting is a fact of life. patience is the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.” -joyce mayer
2. “2 things define you. your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything”
3. “patience is a virtue” -my ever so wise daddio
4. “humility, gentleness, patience, love” -ephesians 4:2
5. “adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience” -ralph waldo emerson
are you impatient? if you were going to ask your best friend to describe you what would their negative word be?