I love to read, I always have, it’s one of my favorite things to do and when I have a good book in my hands I usually finish them in just days because I can’t put them down. When I talked about May in review + June goals last month one of my goals was to read more. With so much traveling and looking for a job pretty much full time, reading got put on the back burner for a few months. I loved getting back into the habit of reading at night before bed every night, or instead of scrolling on Facebook for a half hour in the morning. Now that we are in our first full month of Summer I thought I’d share my Summer reading list in case you’re looking for a good beach read or something to take to the pool with you!
Some of these books I’ve read, and some of them are on my list of things to read
1. Where’d You Go, Bernadette // This one has been on my list forever and I am absolutely determined to read it this summer! A story about failed dreams and the journey of coming to terms with who you are; a daughter pieces together clues about her mothers disappearance on a vacation. I’ve heard nothing but amazing things and I can’t wait to read it!
2. First Comes Love // I love me a good Emily Griffin novel and am so excited to read her newest one!
3. The Royal We // I read this a while back and absolutely loved it, it was a quick read but so good! It was the perfect book for a flight or sitting on the beach. It’s a Will and Kate story with a twist, the prince of England falls in love with an American. Cue every one of my Cinderella fantasies…
4. The Nest // Another one that has been on my list for a while, I just received this book in the mail the other day (is there anything better than getting new books in the mail?!) and cannot wait to read it! Also, I secretly couldn’t wait to get it because the cover is really pretty, and yes, I totally judge books by their covers…
5. Me Before You // This book. I laughed, I cried, I went through a whole range of emotions while reading this. It was amazing, a story about two people who couldn’t have less in common falling in love and the ways they changed one another.
6. Silver Girl // Pretty much anything set in Nantucket and I’m going to read it, this book about two friends, both who had lost their husbands and their summer rebuilding their lives on Nantucket is an absolutely perfect summer read!
7. The Nightingale // I absolutely loved this book! The story of two sisters in a World War II France and the roles they played in the resistance of the Nazi’s during the occupation. It’s an amazing story of the strength, resilience and bravery that brought a family closer together.
8. Mrs. Kennedy & Me // I have a serious
obsession fascination with the Kennedy family, and I love reading about Jackie, this was definitely one of my favorite reads about her!
9. Everybody Rise // This might be the best beach read on the list. A story about a girl who has to first lose everything before she can find herself again, you can’t help but feel for Evelyn as you read her story. It’s a quick read, that I absolutely loved, about the upper echelons of New York City society and how toxic it becomes for one girl caught up in her own web of lies.
10. A Spool of Blue Thread // I just added this to my list, and honestly it’s because I saw it the other day in Barnes and Noble and the cover caught my eye, I’m excited to get through some of the other books in my Nook Library and pick this one up!